Website Help & FAQ's
- Ordering should be as simple as adding the wanted items to the shopping cart system and checking out when finished. However there are factors on your PC that may cause issues. If your web browser security is set too high or Cookies are disabled (or not working correctly) the ordering system may "lose" items from the cart as you shop for more parts. If this happens contact your computer guru for help and advice. If you can not resolve these issues email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 305-592-9920 Monday to Friday between the hours of 8 am & 4 pm Eastern Time.
- As a general rule if you don't get a confirmation email for your web site order then the order did not complete and will not ship. The most common reason for this is if the payment process through the PayPal website is not completed correctly. Of course you will not get an email if you entered an incorrect email address at checkout. please double check all the info before completing an order.
- Payment options are PayPal, Credit Card through the PayPal system (PayPal account is not required), Money Order/Cashiers Check by mail, Credit Card over the phone (or email). Payments can also be made by Western Union.
- If you wish to be called by phone for your credit card number or wish to mail in payment, please select "email only" as the order type on the customer info page when checking out through the web site order system. This option is at the bottom of the page. Please be sure to include a valid phone number and if possible the best contact time. The billing address and the security code for the credit card must be supplied along with the card number and expiration date.
Shipping Help & Policies:
- If you need to know shipping costs on an item or items, please add them to the shopping cart and on that page there is a "Shipping Calculator". This will give you the shipping rates on the current items in your shopping cart and all the choices (UPS, USPS, Priority, Surface etc) for the type of shipping available to your shipping address. If your country is not listed please email for a quote.
- We strive to package items to avoid damage during shipping but if an item should arrive damaged, it is your responsibility to notify both GB Cars and the carrier immediately. Please retain all packing materials in the case of damage. Any claims for shortages must be made within 5 days of receiving the shipment.
- Shipping within the US can be cheaper and quicker by First Class or Priority Mail on many lighter and smaller items. UPS is usually less expensive on heavier & larger items.
- If you select "Parcel Post" for US shipping, please be aware that there is no tracking available and no guaranteed delivery time. Your package will arrive at the whim of the USPS. Don't use Parcel Post if you are in a hurry to get your parts.
- If you select "Surface Mail" for non US shipping please be aware that there is no tracking available and no guaranteed delivery time. Your package will arrive at the whim of the Postal Services en route to your destination. Sometimes up to 10 weeks. This can be very frustrating. Don't use Surface Mail if you are in a hurry to get your parts.
- Shipping to Canada and other non US destinations is often cheaper and quicker by UPS than by USPS, but be aware that you may get charged a "brokerage fee" by UPS for handling the import paperwork and collecting Customs duties on behalf of your government tax agencies. We are told this is up to $50.00 in Canada, but please check with your local UPS office. This brokerage fee often makes USPS the cheaper option even though duties may still have to be paid.
- USPS Priority Mail is usually 2 or 3 days delivery time to anywhere in the US and UPS Overnight, 2day or 3 day shipping services are offered for more expedient, guaranteed shipping times. It is up to you to select the most suitable options for your needs. We always try to use your chosen shipping method but reserve the right to switch to another shipping method if an item or items can not be shipped by your preferred method due to size or location.
- Cut off times for same day shipping are 2pm for UPS and 11am for USPS although same day shipping is not guaranteed we will do our best to accommodate your needs. Shipping time zone is Eastern and shipping is from the Ft Lauderdale area of South Florida. Local pickup of orders is available during regular business hours.
- Please be aware that many products sold require some mechanical expertise and knowledge for installation. Many products (especially Classic Mini products from the UK) do not come with instructions but most items can be installed with the use of a Haynes manual or similar and some common sense. A lot of information is available from the various Mini forums and these are a great source of installation and troubleshooting help.
Return Policy and Warranty:
- All parts are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for 90 days from date of purchase. This may be extended at our discretion and many parts are covered by a further manufacturers warranty. Warranty will not cover any labor costs, the failure of related components, failure from faulty installation or misuse, and liability will not exceed the cost of the original component. An original purchase invoice and purchase date must be provided and defective parts should be returned post paid only after an RA number is issued. Contact email@example.com with any questions. Due to the possible effect of many extraneous circumstances, chrome and painted finish items will have a 30 day warranty against cosmetic problems
- Returns for credit can only be accepted within 7 days of receipt and if the item is in as-new & resalable condition with its original packaging, any included accessories and documentation. Electrical, books and special order items cannot be returned unless they are defective for replacement.
- It is the customer's responsibility to return the item safely packed and to cover all return shipping costs.
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org